Before we get to the ideas on interesting things to do with your partner when you are home, however, let’s talk about why staying in with your significant other is so great for your relationship. If you usually find yourselves surrounded by other couples, you’d be surprised at how much closer you will feel to each other when you spend more time one on one. The first benefit has less to do with your actual relationship and more to do with the opportunities you open up by staying in. That being how much money you will save. Sometimes being in a relationship can put a strain on your wallet, which might lead you to look for activities to do at home with your boyfriend. Hitting the bar on the weekends, restaurants every night for dinner and the mall when you get bored on your day off all means you’re spending money. If you save that cash, you will be able to buy a house together, go on your dream vacation to that paradise place or anything else that you could think of. What is more, staying in gives you the freedom to wear comfy PJ’s, instead of horrible restrictive outdoor clothes like jeans. You don’t have to make small talk with strangers; you can have actual, meaningful conversations with your partner!
1. Find a free or cheap used DVD of that old movie he’s always saying he can’t believe you haven’t seen yet. This will make your partner feel like you always listen to what they are saying.
2. When you’re watching TV together, tell him to sit on the floor in front of the couch, and give him or her impromptu massage. Start off with trapezius pulls to help your partner relax. Then move on to these back circles that’ll make your partner feel good and enjoy the movie even more! Next, really get in those tight spots with some shoulder kneading. And move on to shoulder presses to release any tension your partner may have. Finish the massage with a kiss on the forehead – there is nothing more romantic than that.
3. Give your partner a new haircut! Don’t worry about how your hair will look afterward. What’s the worst that could happen? If she messes it up, it will eventually grow back in a week or so. If he is the one who messes it up, then you can always go to the hairdresser and fix it up. You both will have a fun time. Make sure you take lots of pictures of this episode.
4. Play a prank on your partner and record it on video. This can be something as simple as creeping up behind your girlfriend to scare her or him or something as complicated as setting up a prank situation where you say a lie that makes no sense. Don’t forget to take your partner out for a nice dinner afterward to make up for your mischievous ways.
5. Watch funny videos on the internet. The good news here is that the internet is full of hilarious videos to watch for hours and hours. Plus, the variety is endless – you can watch pranks, things go wrong videos, hilarious home videos and so on. This idea guarantees lots of laugh!
6. Cook together and try a new recipe! For example, you may try to prepare the slow cooker chicken thighs with rice. In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and sear until golden. Transfer chicken thighs to slow cooker. Whisk together soy sauce, honey, garlic and lime juice. Pour sauce over chicken and toss to combine. Cover and cook until no longer pink, on low for 6 hours. Serve with rice and garnish with cilant