Lemons are one of the greatest fruits on earth. Not only are they delicious (well, if you are not a fan of the sour taste, you at least love to drink lemonade), but also very healthy. It takes one of the top positions in the lots of Vitamin C richest citrus fruits. You can also use it in your homemade recipes for healthy skin. However, there are some very unusual uses of lemons you did not know about. Here they are.
Here are our “sour” recipes for beauty:
- Mix a tablespoon of honey, a glass of lemon zest decoction (100 ml), and a coffee cup of rose water and let them warm a little on a water bath. Then, after it cools down, pour it in a glass bottle and add one teaspoon of spirits. Apply it on your skin and massage for some time. This recipe will help your circulation.
- You can also use lemons to whiten your teeth at home. Just mix some lemon juice with some baking soda until it turns into a thick paste. Apply it on your teeth. Wait 3 minutes and then wash it off.
- If you are looking for a new exfoliation technique – here is our recipe with lemons. Mix ¼ tea cup of yogurt, 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Apply the mixture on your skin and let it stay there for 10 minutes. Then wash it off with cool water.
- Did you know that people also use lemon to whiten their skin? If your elbows or knees are getting darker, just rub a little lemon juice on them to make them lighter again.
- If you have problems with dandruff and you do not how to get rid of it, try with lemon juice. Just apply some lemon juice in the roots of your hair and leave it like that for an hour. Then wash it off with water.
- If you want highlights in your hair just apply some lemon juice before you go outside in the sunlight. At the end of the day you will be “blonder”.
- Lemons are a great remedy against wrinkles. Mix one tablespoon of honey, a few drops of lemon juice and some almond oil. Apply the mixture on your skin and leave it like that for 20 minutes.
- If the skin on your lips is dry and rough, rub a piece of lemon on them and let it stay there overnight.
- If your acne is gone, but the spots reminding of it are still there, treat them with lemon. Just squeeze a few lemon drops on a cotton bud and rub the spots with it.
- If you want to have sleek and beautiful hair, apply this gel of molted gelatin and the juice from half a lemon. Then apply the mixture on your hair to calm those naughty locks down.